Submitted by Expedia Team
2021 Expedia Group Global Affect Report
SEATTLE, July 8, 2022 /CSRwire/ – These days, Expedia Team released its once-a-year Global Influence Report, outlining how the business carries on to add to the generation of a far more obtainable, equitable, and sustainable journey marketplace for generations to come. This report outlines Expedia Group’s initiatives to aid vacationers working experience the earth in new ways and establish long lasting connections even though obtaining a good effect on their locations. It also specifics the way these values are designed into Expedia Group’s functions and workplaces.
Last 12 months was a single of rebuilding globally across the journey market as borders slowly and gradually reopened to travel. Expedia Team worked with its associates, communities, and tourists to leverage this momentum toward positive impact, which includes a $10.5 million donation to UNICEF to assist vaccine fairness by way of its Give the Environment a Shot initiative.
With workforce spanning the world and 200+ travel sites in more than 70 nations around the world, Expedia Group is dedicated to guaranteeing vacation is inclusive and responsible. This report summarizes development versus this motivation throughout a few critical target locations: Travelers, Environment, and Local community. Underpinning that do the job is a sturdy governance construction intended to information liable, transparent, and ethical motion.
As comprehensive in the report, Expedia Group’s vital highlights from 2021 involve:
- Continued to operate closely with UNESCO on an marketplace-to start with Sustainable Tourism Pledge. To day, 9,000+ businesses have signed the Pledge making a general public assure to advance vacation that places care for the earth and folks to start with.
- Utilized its vacation platform to detect inclusive vacation alternatives, this kind of as LGBTQIA+-welcoming inns.
- Initiated a formal determination to reconciliation for Australia’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons via the Reconciliation Motion Approach (RAP) software, prioritizing regard and link involving persons, cultures, and communities.
- Proudly preserved carbon neutral standing due to the fact 2017.
- Purchased renewable electrical power equivalent to 100% of world office consumption.
- Awarded Management in Vitality and Environmental Style and design (LEED) Gold certification for its Seattle, Washington, campus.
- Current pointers to promote only pursuits that uphold the organization’s animal welfare standards, that means no for a longer time providing or endorsing attractions and activities that incorporate performances, interactions, and swimming ordeals with captive dolphins and whales.
- 2,500+ workforce participated in Expedia’s 10th yearly Month of Caring, an inner worldwide volunteer and donation activation.
- Continued commitment to gender and racial/ethnic representation – In 2021, 45 % of Expedia Group’s workforce was feminine, 37 % of workforce at VP+ amount was feminine, and 19 per cent of U.S. hires have been from racially/ethnically underrepresented groups. (More on Expedia Group’s motivation to illustration can be identified in its Inclusion and Range Report.)
“According to our study, 65% of travelers are extra eager to book with travel companies that identify their methods as inclusive. Tourists, partners, and communities are searching for additional dependable options, and are wanting to us for assets and inspiration,” said Aditi Mohapatra, Vice President of World wide Social Affect & Sustainability at Expedia Group. “We are committed to setting up a more inclusive and sustainable vacation field. Our World wide Effects Report outlines our good operate performed to day and serves as a launching level for our even more progress throughout essential spots – financial improvement, boundaries to entry, and environmentally sustainable journey. Expedia Group is properly-positioned to handle the multi-faceted challenges struggling with the travel sector and provide lasting impression for our stakeholders.”
A full checklist of initiatives and progress can be located in the 2021 Expedia Team Worldwide Effects Report, accessible to obtain right here.
About Expedia Team
Expedia Team, Inc. corporations ability journey for everyone, everywhere by our world wide system. Pushed by the core belief that travel is a force for very good, we assistance people encounter the planet in new techniques and develop long lasting connections. We provide industry-primary technology options to fuel spouse growth and success, though facilitating unforgettable encounters for tourists. Our group is produced up of four pillars: Expedia Companies, focused on the group’s system and complex tactic Expedia Market, centered on products and technological innovation choices across the business Expedia Brands, housing all our buyer models and Expedia for Organization, consisting of business enterprise-to-small business options and associations in the course of the vacation ecosystem. The Expedia Group family members of models features: Expedia®, Resorts.com®, Expedia® Associate Alternatives, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Options, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
Expedia Team, Inc. companies electricity vacation for everybody, just about everywhere by way of our world system. Pushed by the main belief that journey is a force for fantastic, we assistance individuals encounter the globe in new methods and construct long lasting connections. We deliver industry-primary engineering methods to fuel husband or wife advancement and accomplishment, while facilitating unforgettable activities for tourists. The Expedia Group spouse and children of makes consists of: Expedia®, Lodges.com®, Expedia® Associate Alternatives, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Answers, Expedia Regional Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
Additional from Expedia Group